CRYPTO AND DIGITAL ASSET PRIMER
Understanding, Detecting and Recovering Crypto and Digital Assets: Developing an Understanding of What Digital Assets Are, and Common Misconceptions that Can Derail Your Case
Collas Crill (Guernsey)
Stewarts Law LLP (UK)
Brown Rudnick LLP (UK)
Chief Compliance Officer
For many fraud and asset recovery practitioners, the areas of digital assets and smart contracts are not well understood and create a variety of issues and challenges.
Join us in this two-part session as we:
- Define and unpack the complexities of detecting fraud and tracing assets across the chain, such as:
- Crypto Assets & The Blockchain
- The Metaverse
- Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs)
- Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs)
- Smart Contracts
- Decentralized Finance Bridges (DeFis)
- Is Crypto fraud trending towards becoming a “paradise” for fraud and asset recovery practitioners?
- Are crypto assets treated as traditional assets for the purpose of asset recovery?
- Do mixers/tumblers stop asset recovery in its tracks?