Letter from Co-Chairs
We are delighted to welcome you to C5’s Virtual 15th Fraud, Asset Tracing & Recovery Conference-Geneva on 23-25 March 2021. While we are unable to meet in-person, C5’s innovative conference is premised on true interaction – with half of the 2021 agenda dedicated to 1:1 and smaller-group discussion. We hope to see you there!
As in past years, the event will operate under Chatham House Rules. We look forward to reuniting and sharing “war stories” in a variety of 1:1, large and smaller-group settings:
- Turn on your audio and video for smaller-group, structured breakout roundtables.
- Join 1:1 networking that emulates the impromptu meetups occurring in-person.
- Private message attendees, start video chats and exchange contact details.
Amid an evolving enforcement landscape, senior officials from the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) will provide key updates:
- John Carroll, Chief Operating Officer, SFO and Mark Francis, Director of Wholesale and Unauthorised Business Investigations, FCA will discuss multi-jurisdictional fraud enforcement and cross-agency coordination post-Brexit.
- Deborah Connor, Chief, Money Laundering and Asset Recovery Section, DOJ will be addressing the asset recovery effort in the 1MDB case.
New for this year, the event also includes two highly anticipated interviews with:
- Dan McCrum, Investigative Reporter at the Financial Times, who will be discussing his five-year investigation and exposure of the Wirecard fraud scandal.
- Sergio Moro, Brazil’s former Minister of Justice and Public Security from 2019-2020 and Presiding Judge in the massive bribery case, “Operation Car Wash.”
Joining us are executives from Credit Suisse, Banque Lombard Odier & Cie, Bank of Cyprus and Fresenius Medical Care, as well as leading barristers and solicitors from Switzerland, the UK, Ireland, the U.S., Cyprus, Russia, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and more.
The event is next month (23-25 March 2021). We hope that you will join the community for a productive, worthwhile meeting! Further details are available at https://www.c5-online.com/fraud-geneva/.
Brown Rudnick LLP
Bär & Karrer
Head of International
Peters & Peters