Only 20% of partners at UK law firms in 2012 were women*
Only 2 women in the world get appointed for ICSID arbitrations on a regular basis**
In the top 10 names of mediators worldwide, only 1 woman is featured**
Building on the success of its recent arbitration and litigation events and following huge industry demand, C5 presents its Women in Dispute Resolution conference to encourage frank and open debate among like-minded professionals who have female dispute resolution colleagues and clients advancement at heart. Whilst celebrating the achievements of women dispute resolution lawyers and barristers, the conference will offer your organisation thorough insights and most practical solutions for addressing a specific question of WHY WOMEN EMPLOYEES ARE NOT ADVANCING TO LEADERSHIP ROLES IN THE SAME WAY AS THEIR MALE COUNTERPARTS.
Over 25 top-level speakers working on the latest landmark cases together with diversity specialists from the world’s leading employers will share their experience and best practice, helping you to:
- Retain and promote emerging female talent within your organisation
- Scout out the most driven female lawyers, arbitrators and mediators
- Develop the essential skills to run a dispute resolution practice and to position yourself as a leader in the community
- Gain awareness of the benefits of mediation and learn why women mediators are essential to guiding this new profession into the future
- Capitalise on new opportunities by establishing a network of long term business relationships
Enhance your conference experience by attending a highly practical and interactive Master Class: How to Counterbalance Unconscious Gender Bias in Dispute Resolution Departments and Practices
Sign up today for your opportunity to make new long-lasting business contacts with current and future women leaders in law and to obtain best solutions for overcoming gender stereotypes and other implicit obstacles to advancement helping you to add value to your organisation.
To register please call +44 (0) 20 7878 6888 or book online.
We look forward to welcoming you at the event in June.
Anita Arthur, Division Manager, C5 Communications Ltd
Anna Keable, Marketing Manager, C5 Communications Ltd
*Source: Law Society of England & Wales study, 2012
**Source: Who’s Who Legal’s “Most Highly Regarded Practitioners: Commercial Mediation 2013”