Before you enter, make sure you take a look at our Entry Guidelines below.
You may also wish to read through our FAQ’s.
For entries to be considered, please adhere to the following rules and general guidelines for entry:
- The ‘Entry guidelines’ as defined here for the Women in Compliance Awards 2020 incorporate the Awards Terms & Conditions. The Terms shall govern in event of conflict. You agree to be bound by the Guidelines and Terms by submitting an entry for the Awards.
- Entries are free.
- All entries must be submitted by the entry deadline: Wednesday 30th October 2019 at 23:59. Entries will not be considered until the entrant has fully submitted their entry. A confirmation email will be received once completed.
- The achievements and innovations highlighted in the entries must be made during the following time frame: April 2018 – October 2019 (except the Lifetime Achievement Award and the Mentor Award of the Year for Advancement of Women in Compliance)
- Choose the right category. The organisers reserve the right to move entries, if they are more suited to a different category to give the best chances of winning. In such case, you will be notified.
- The winning nominations should outline clearly what the nominee has accomplished, describe the difference and improvements the achievement has had for the business and demonstrate, through concrete examples the positive outcome of that achievement.
- Please keep the total word count of your entry between 500 and 1500 words.
- Use facts and figures where possible to provide evidence of achievements and success.
- All submissions must be made online. Additional on-line documents are accepted for each category. Video submissions are strongly recommended to help our judges significantly in terms of visualising the use case and understanding the innovation and user benefits.
Please keep supporting information submitted to a maximum of:
- One x 3-minute (maximum) video
- Three x 1-page documents with further information, images, graphics etc.
- Three x web pages (which should be very specific to the entry) linked by URLs
Please do not submit information or materials that you do not wish to have in the public domain
- Entries will only be accepted when submitted in the English language. When uploading supporting files, to accompany entries (supporting materials) please ensure that they are in English. Videos in other languages are acceptable with English subtitles.
- You can nominate yourself subject to the eligibility criteria under each category. You can submit no more than 3 entries.
- The number of entries from a single organisation is not limited, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria of each category. Submitting multiple entries from the same individual is possible, but it is limited to three categories.
- If nominating a third party or a colleague, please provide as much information as possible. Contact details for the nominee are mandatory. We recommend working with the nominee to write the best possible entry. Don’t keep it a secret or a surprise, this is a competition.
- By entering (if shortlisted for one of our selected categories), you agree that a representative from your company will be available to attend the awards to potentially collect your award.
- The organiser accepts no responsibility for any incorrectly submitted information.
- Sponsors are not allowed to enter any category that they are sponsoring.
- Entries will be judged by an independent judging panel of compliance professionals.
- The judging panel will judge then entry based on the information provided on the entry form and additional supporting materials in accordance with stated category requirements.
- At the time and date of entry, entrants agree that the information supplied is truthful and accurate. In the event of disqualification of an entrant, through the provision of inaccurate information or materials, the entry will be disqualified, and entrants will not be notified.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- The judges are looking for concisely written submissions and your entry should cover as many of the listed criteria as possible.
- Confidentiality – All entries will be treated as strictly confidential by C5. and will not be published unless discussed with the entrant. Only details of the shortlisted and the award winners in each category will be published prior to, or after the presentations.
For general enquiries regarding WICA 2020, please contact email@example.com.