STRENGTHENING DUE DILIGENCE PROCEDURES ACROSS YOUR BUSINESS TO MINIMISE DIVERSION RISKS
Morgan Lewis (UAE)
Legal and Compliance
Sadara Chemical (Saudi Arabia)
Risk and Compliance Officer
- How to get local and regional companies to establish due diligence procedures
- How to ensure your local trading partners are complying with international export controls?
- How to ensure they comply with US regulations
- What are your liabilities if one of your third party’s is trading into Iran?
- What is your obligation to ensure this doesn’t happen?
- How to get access to information that you need in order to conduct thorough due diligence….without hiring expensive external lawyers
- What are the first responses to make to initial red flags?
- What are the easy things to do?
- How to work with reluctant third parties during due diligence to make the process go more smoothly
- How to screen for names that, when translated into a Roman alphabet from an Arabic alphabet, could have 6 or seven different spellings