Workshop A – International Secondary Medical Use Patenting Strategy Working Group: Creating Value and Sustaining Cost Efficiencies on Your Next Patent Application
What is it about?
Strategic decisions on whether to pursue a secondary medical use patent can be complex and costly. Questions surrounding which countries have secondary medical use patents available are becoming increasing difficult to navigate. This workshop will help to cut through this complexity and offer solutions for successful secondary medical use patent strategies as well as global commercialization:
Points of discussion will include:
- Identifying different jurisdictions where secondary medical use claims are available
- Examining the value of secondary medical use across international jurisdictions
- Determining the availability for combination claims A+B
- Identifying the claim scope?
- Analysing secondary medical use litigation: Germany, Eastern Europe
- Determining whether secondary medical use patents can be used across different European jurisdictions
- Assessing whether secondary medical use is available
- Developing strategies to enforce secondary medical use patents in BRICS countries
- Developing strategies for successfully drafting medical use applications
- What are the words should be incorporated to ensure a successful claim?