Post-Brexit: The UK’s New Sanctions Regime and Points of Divergence with the EU
- To which extent will the UK alter EU sanctions after the transition period in December 2020
- How will the UK align itself or adopt its position with the US or the European Union’s policy on Iran?
- The implications of The Sanctions and Anti-Money Laundering Act 2018 (“SAMLA”):
- Application of sanctions to entities “owned” and “controlled” by designated persons
- Designation by description
- Forthcoming US-style general licenses
- Emerging divergence in activity-based EU and UK sanctions programmes