E-Commerce and Impact of Import VAT Deductions: What is Exempt and What are You Required to Declare?
Walter Van Der Meiren
Brokerage Divisional Manager
United Parcel Service (Belgium)
- Recent customs procedural and regulatory developments in E-commerce
- What are the risks involved considering valuations and authenticity of goods and how to mitigate them?
- Understanding the Mini One Stop Shop for distance sales of goods and imported goods and fallback procedure for goods where the consignment has an intrinsic value
- Aligning the VAT and customs legislation to provide certainty for relevant authorities and eliminate confusion for operators over liability
- Taking advantage of the new rules at customs to deliver an efficient green lane at the border
- Keeping up with the new rules and its impact on electronic interfaces and third parties