C5 is part of a global organization with offices in Canada, the US and Europe that provides conferences around the world. Our Production team is expanding and we are looking for an energetic, driven, team oriented professional to contribute as a highly motivated Conference Producer.
Are you an experienced attorney bored with the monotony of law firm life and looking for an alternative legal career? Are you intelligent, resourceful, highly motivated and eager to succeed? Do you enjoy the challenge of new ideas? Do you enjoy research and learning more about new and emerging business trends? Can you write well and communicate effectively and comfortably with senior executives? Would you like to be part of an organization that operates more like a think tank as opposed to a firm? If so, then C5 may be the right career move for you.
C5, a highly respected conference company, is seeking a Conference Producer at its London, UK office to research, develop and execute continuing educational events for lawyers and senior-level corporate/business executives. The ideal candidates will be energetic, enthusiastic, and quick learners who possess excellent multi-tasking and organizational abilities. We’re looking for employees who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, where you’ll be able to learn a lot and make a major contribution.
***Please note this is not a Meeting Planning position***
- Conducting telephone and in person research within a target market to develop conference agendas;
- Analyzing research and using critical thinking to develop commercial conference programs in various business and legal sectors that meet the stated needs of the market;
- Identifying, inviting and confirming appropriate speakers for conferences;
- Meeting established deadlines;
- Writing marketing copy for promotional conference brochures and other mailing pieces;
- Conducting ongoing research within an assigned area to further your industry knowledge and develop potential new conference ideas;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key professionals, industry leaders, senior executives and media within relevant vertical markets;
- Servicing customers in a professional, service-oriented manner during execution of daily work and onsite at conferences;
- Attending and overseeing conferences, including providing opening introduction, speaker assistance and support;
- Working with and supporting a cross-functional team on an ongoing basis to ensure successful marketing and sponsorship of conferences.
- Conceptual ability to rapidly develop competent knowledge on diverse topics;
- Ability to conduct in-depth research via telephone, in person and using print and electronic media;
- Excellent networking and information gathering abilities;
- Good listening skills, superior oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and critical thinking skills, organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities;
- Ability to break down complex concepts, make logical comparisons and identify underlying patterns and connections;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organization;
- Engaging, professional and diplomatic demeanor with a customer service focus;
- Time and priority management skills are necessary to complete work within established timeframes as the job is very deadline and results oriented;
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Creativity, resourcefulness and an innovative approach.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced Degree, such as JD or MBA preferred;
- At least 2 years business/law firm experience;
- Skill and experience using word processing programs, email and the internet to perform daily job functions efficiently;
- Working knowledge of French or another language is a plus;
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally (10% travel).
VP Global Programming and Content Strategy
Interested in joining the team?
If so, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org