AML AND POCA ENFORCEMENT POST-BREXIT: Status Report on Agency Expectations, Priorities, Cooperation, and More
- What are the priorities of fighting financial crime and tax evasion post Brexit?
- How agencies are preparing for the potential adverse effect of Brexit on investigations and prosecutions – in terms of resources, management, and speed of cases
- How the agencies evaluate “cooperation” and “voluntary disclosure”: Trends in what meets the threshold and what doesn’t
- How recent cases affect the future of POCA enforcement, including privilege and settlements
- How the agencies will coordinate with foreign governments moving forward
- The agencies expectations on adequate procedures to prevent economic crime