With significant developments in the Pharma and Biotech industry in the past 12 months, in-house counsel and their litigation lawyers are being kept extremely busy across Europe. Patent infringement, interim injunctions, lifecycle extensions and global patent exploitation create a litigious industry where companies are using the courts to ensure they stay ahead of competition. Additionally, the Unitary Patent Court is set to go live in 2017 which will completely overhaul patent litigation throughout Europe.
Our conference focuses on litigation strategies for Pharma and Biotech companies in Europe, how they respond to patent challenges and
conduct themselves in patent infringement actions. We feature all aspects of litigation, and how it is dealt with by in-house counsel and
their private practice advisors.
C5’s 9th Pharma & Biotech Patent Litigation conference will provide an invaluable focus for analysis of all the fundamental changes affecting pharma and biotech patents across Europe and the US and consider the impact of judicial decisions in the national courts on your litigation strategies.
ATTEND THIS EVENT TO GAIN INSIGHT INTO: A MUST-ATTEND EVENT FOR:
The latest regulatory developments:
- The practicalities of the UPC and reconciling the UPC, Brexit and the
European Patent Office
- What are the regulatory challenges when assessing patent enforcement?
- What are steps that need to be taken leading up to and preparing for litigation?
- What are the latest trends in preliminary injunctions across Europe?
- Interpreting the application of SPC legislation around Europe
Optimising your litigation strategy:
- Assess the impact of commercial restructuring of a business on its patent litigation strategy and how the brand vs. brand litigation trend feeds into this
- How to win the race for first filing while providing sufficient data
Benchmarking your strategies against other market leaders:
- Understand how to use the latest tools to protect and further your product
- Find clear legal pathways which will enable you to exploit your IP and maximise revenue
- Keep up to date with the fast paced world of Second Medical Use Patents, including but not limited to the key Lyrica case
Establishing best practices and approaches to patent litigation around the world:
- How to combat the practical issues that global pharma companies face
when litigating disputes in China
- The Indian pharmaceutical patent regime and its effect on the innovator industry
- How can the types of filing in Korean patent litigation provide insight into the generics companies’ strategy?
Make sure you gain advantage by getting the latest thinking and strategic direction from the best in the business.
We look forward to welcoming you at the conference.
Danushka De Alwis
Legal Conference Producer
+44 20 7878 6937 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rusland 17, 1012 CK Amsterdam, Netherlands
+31 20 623 1231
How to book your room at this venue:
- Go to www.radissonblu.com/hotel-amsterdam
- Click on “Book Now”
- Enter the dates of the stay (24 – 27/04, 2017) and fill in the required number of rooms and guests
- Click on "Select rate type" on the left (A pop-up windows will appear)
- Select “Promotional Code”
- Fill out the appearing box with "C5COM"
- Click on "Book now”
- Select the applicable and available room and follow the further booking procedure