Internal Control System in the Financial Sector: Risks, Enforcement Update and Key Takeaways
- What internal investigations have revealed about areas of risks and weak spots that weaken the effectiveness of banks’ internal controls systems
- What can go wrong when onboarding clients or monitoring accounts and ongoing transactions?
- How corporate vehicles, non-disclosed schemes or hidden structures can become illegal and risky
- Solidifying the compliance architecture of financial institutions to meet regulatory requirements considering current and future risks
- Cooperation among anti-money laundering and anti-corruption law enforcement agencies globally and how can they bring prosecution