C5's 6th Forum on
Pharma & Biotech Patent Litigation
Tuesday, January 28 to Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam
The Unified Patent Court has become a significant development for every IP and pharma expert in the world, regulatory bodies on both sides of the Atlantic are sanctioning pharma companies for anti-competitive behaviour, EU national courts are increasing their referrals to the ECJ for answers and clarifications on a wide spectrum of topics, new European alternative IP courts are being created and emerging markets keep altering their IP laws and procedures. These changes will force everyone within the biotech and pharma field to re-think and adjust their patent litigation strategies.
Our 2014 Pharma & Biotech Patent Litigation Conference will focus on the practical solutions to the current challenges facing pharma companies, patent attorneys, legal practitioners and regulatory officers. You will hear the specific strategies used by industry experts in dealing with patent litigation challenges in 2013, which will impact your company in 2014 and beyond.
You will have a chance to witness a mock trial with a panel of three European judges which will give you a realistic feel of how the Unified Patent Court will work in practice. Delegates will gain valuable insights into the procedure of the Unified Patent Court as they will be able to put their questions directly to the Preparatory and Drafting Committees of the United Patent Court via our interactive Q & A session.
By attending this event and hearing from the top experts in this field, you will also:
• Safeguard your legal rights against your rivals by ensuring you are up-to-date with the latest case law regarding the fast changing area of preliminary injunctions and the best strategies for ensuring the preliminary injunction is granted by the court.
• Avoid the harsh anti-competitive sanctions imposed by the EC Commission and the US Federal Trade Commission for ‘pay for delay’ settlements under competition law.
• Ensure you have effective guidance on the commercially valuable Supplementary Protection Certificates, gain answers on the many referrals of national case law to the ECJ and the commercial implications for your company if an SPC is invalidated.
• Deal effectively with the ground breaking changes in the US and Europe regarding patentability of genes and stem cells and second medical use patents and how patent filing strategies in those areas need to urgently change to accommodate the newly decided criteria.
• Guarantee compliance with all the new revisions, updates and reforms imposed by the IP authorities in India, China and Brazil and how you can successfully enforce your patents in these high growth countries.
• Practical tips on the costs and procedures of two new IP courts in Russia and Switzerland and the reasons why litigation in those courts will be advantageous to your company and clients.
Join us and hear the latest strategies for maximising your product revenue by ensuring your international patent portfolio is protected. It is imperative that you get up to speed on the relevant key updates and know how to overcome the most challenging issues that remain in this field.
For speaking opportunities please contact:
Christos Apostolou, Conference Producer
Tel: +44(0)20 7878 6957
For sponsorship opportunities please contact:
Tel: +44(0)20 7878 6955
For media partnership opportunities please contact:
Tel: +44(0)20 7878 6950
- click image for pdf -
- Actions -
- Share -
Tue, Jan 28, 2014
Wed, Jan 29, 2014
Radisson Blu Hotel